When to Buy New Shoes for Your child
When your child complains about the uncomfortable in footwear it is time for a new pair of shoes. Often you replace their shoes depends on how active your child is and how fast their feet are growing.
Tips & Advice for Choosing the Right Shoes for Children
These tips will help you be certain that your children's shoes fit properly for your child’s footwear.
- Check your children's shoes periodically to make sure what they are wearing is still working for them.
- Look for particularly worn areas or stressed seams. If the sides are bulging or wearing out more quickly than the rest of the shoe, then they may not be wide enough.
- Toes that bend upwards are also a sign of shoes that don't fit properly, and worn-out toes or heels can also mean it's time for a new pair of shoes.
You should ask yourself the following questions when selecting your child's shoes:
- How does the shoe fit?
- Is the type of shoe appropriate for your child's age?
How does the shoe fit?
- Pay attention to the shoe's length, width, and depth when fitting your child's shoe. Poorly fitting children's shoes can cause toe problems, ingrown toenails, hammertoes, blisters or calluses, and bunions.
- If the shoe has a removable insert, remove it and have your child step on it to get a better idea of the amount of space available. There should be about a half-inch of space between your child's toes and the front of the insert with his or her heel at the rear.
- If the insoles are not removable, instruct your child to put the shoe on and press down on the front. Between your child's toes and the front of the shoe, you should be able to fit the tip of your finger.
- Check the shoe's depth to ensure that the top of the shoe does not rub against the toes or toenails.
- To offer your toes more room to wiggle, look for shoes with rounded toe boxes.
Remember, from the start shoes should be comfortable to them. Frequently check your feet for redness or blisters, which may indicate they need larger or wider shoes. If you have concerns, make a foot assessment at the nearest foot care.
Have Flat Feet for your children?
If your children experiencing foot pain or uncomfortable they might have flat feet or need arc support.
You can try custom shoes, which are specially made for them. It is easy, comfortable and daily use.
Want to get free foot analysis for your customized shoes for the children?
For expert advice on comfortable, supportive footwear for kids of all ages. Contact LifeBalance Foot Care, UAE today!
Check our Locations here.